ILS engineer that verifies the correctness of technical publications plays a critical role in ensuring that technical information is accurate, complete, and consistent with system specifications.
The ILS engineer must have strong technical expertise in maintainability engineering, as well as communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with technical writers, designers, engineers, maintenance personnel and members of the ILS team.
ILS engineer is responsible for Ensuring that complex technical systems are designed, developed, and maintained to meet the needs of customers and end-users. As part of this role, an ILS engineer responsible for verifying the correctness of technical publications related to the system.
The specific job duties of an ILS engineer include:
1. Collaborating with system designers and engineers to ensure that maintenance considerations are incorporated into system design.
2. Conducting maintainability analyses to identify design elements that may affect system maintenance, such as accessibility, ease of repair, and availability of replacement parts.
3. Identifying potential maintenance issues that may arise during the lifecycle of the system and working with designers and engineers to address them.
4. Conducting reviews and revisions of technical documents to ensure accuracy, consistency, and quality.
5. Coordinating with other teams, including product development, marketing, and customer support, to ensure that technical publications are aligned with business goals and customer needs.
6. Collaborating with technical writers to ensure that technical publications accurately reflect the capabilities and functions of the system.
7. Reviewing technical publications, such as user manuals and maintenance manuals, to ensure that they are complete, accurate, and consistent with system specifications.
8. Identifying errors, omissions, or inconsistencies in technical publications and working with technical writers to correct them.
9. Conducting reviews of technical publications to ensure compliance with industry standards and customer requirements.
10. Coordinating with other members of the ILS team, to ensure that technical publications are integrated with other support activities.
11. Participating in the development and testing of new technical systems to ensure that technical publications are accurate and up-to-date.
12. Providing technical expertise to other members of the ILS team on technical publication issues.
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering/mechanical engineering or equivalent practical experience.
Experience in maintenance processes in airborne systems.
Master/excellent understanding of technical English
Knowledge and experience in unmanned aircraft systems – an advantage
Familiarity with the structure of airborne systems technical publication – an advantage.
Ability to work independently
Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a group
Communication and collaboration skills